Monday, January 16, 2012

Hot Date Pie

This pie is so worth the time and effort put into making it. I didn't change a thing, though crushing gingersnaps a major pain so buy them already crushed. Taken from Betty Crocker's Harvest Pie.

And can I just ask why are cloves seasonings freaken $8 for a tiny little container? Is there something illicit you can do with them? Like roll your own cloves smokes? Come on. This purchase better last me a year.

Hot Date Pie

Ingredients:

Sweet Potato Filling
2 large sweet potatoes
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons dark molasses
3 large eggs
1 cup whipping cream

Cranberry-Pecan Streusel
1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/3 cup hot water
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped

Crust
1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
1 cup crushed gingersnaps (about 20)
1/2 cup pecans, coarsely ground
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted


Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 400°F. Wash and pierce sweet potatoes. Place on rimmed baking sheet. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cut lengthwise in half; scoop out inside; discard skins. Mash sweet potatoes until no lumps remain.
  2. Combine dried cranberries and hot water. Set aside until ready to put into the streusel.
  3. Turn oven temperature down to 350°F.
  4. Unroll and place crust into ungreased deep-dish 9-inch glass pie plate. Crimp edges. Combine remaining crust ingredients. Press in bottom and about 1/2 inch up side of pie crust. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely on cooling rack, about 30 minutes.
  5. Beat all filling ingredients except molasses, eggs, cream and sweet potatoes together in large bowl with whisk. Beat in 1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes, molasses and eggs. Beat in cream. Pour mixture into cooled crust. Place pie on middle oven rack; place sheet of foil on rack below pie in case of spillover. Bake about 40 minutes or until filling is set around edges.
  6. Drain cranberries. Stir in remaining streusel ingredients. Gently sprinkle streusel around edge of crust. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until set.
  7. Remove from oven and let cool completely on cooling rack, about 3 hours.


1 comment:

  1. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346




    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete